Key Considerations When Picking an SDS Management Service
In order to comply with the safety requirements, SDS management system is necessary to all companies. The system you should use must have an updated SDS to every employee in all their facilities. This can be very complicated as this requires several paper documents to manage spread to different work sites. With this, errors can occur and may even require much clerical work. So what do companies use in mitigating the costs? Well, this is where SDS management system comes in.
What should you be looking for an SDS management software? If you are going to make a quick research, you’ll find out that there are plenty of SDS management software today. But the question is, do all of them meet the needs of your company? Since different companies have different requirements, it is very essential to carefully pick the software to use. To help you make the best decision, below is a list of the things to look for in an SDS management software.
1. First, it should meet the local regulatory standards. It is very important to keep in mind that SDS software should meet the regulatory requirements. And, the requirements can be different from one state to another, though the basics are consistent. You should first determine the requirements of your state before searching for one. With this, you will be guided which system is best to use.
2. It should have an accurate representation of the product. For you to be able to accurately communicate your product’s hazards, it is essential that the SDS represents the product. So, you will have to check if the SDS is updated and endorsed by its manufacturer. Also, you have to know if the SDS provide an accurate communication about the product’s hazards.
3. The accessibility of the SDS to your employees. The main purpose of having an SDS management software is for the sake of improving the safety of the workplace and mainly meeting the regulatory requirements. So, you need to make sure that the workers have an easy access to the documents. Make sure that it is available all the time and should be easy and quick.
4. The ease of use. One of the main advantage of a software compared to a spreadsheet or paper solution is that it minimizes the cost of SDS management. If the software does not reduce the clerical costs of updating and distributing SDS, then it ks just a waste of money. If you want to avoid this, then you should choose a software that automates the process.
5. Its implementation should be quick. An SDS software that requires less effort and time may give your organization faster time in reaping profits. Take note that the uploading and verifying process of SDS may be time consuming. In order to maximize your ROI, be sure to choose an SDS software that can be implemented in timely fashion.
So, keep all of these things in mind when selecting an SDS management software. And, you will sure be amazed how you were able to locate the best solution for the company.